Puppet technology helps you know what’s in your infrastructure, and how it’s configured across all the physical components of your data center; your virtualized and cloud infrastructure; and everything you’re running in containers. Puppet automatically keeps everything in its desired state, enforcing consistency and keeping you compliant, while giving you complete control to make changes as your business needs evolve.
Puppet gives you an automatic way to inspect, deliver, operate and future-proof all of your software, no matter where it runs. With the Puppet approach, you know what you have so you can control and enforce consistency across it, secure it and keep it compliant, all the while modernizing it as business needs dictate. You define what you want your apps and infrastructure to look like using a common easy-to-read language. From there you can share, test and enforce the changes you want to make across your data center and cloud platforms. And at every step of the way, you have the visibility and reporting you need to make decisions and prove compliance.
Deliver better software faster with automation.
Puppet eliminates manual work from your software delivery process so you can deliver great software rapidly and on demand. On average, our customers improve their deployment speed by 3X with Puppet Enterprise.
Model and manage your entire environment.
With Puppet Enterprise, you can manage your entire infrastructure as codewithout expanding the size of your team. Use the same tools and processes that developers use to manage software: version control, code review, automated testing, continuous integration and automated deployment. Treating infrastructure as code makes it easier for dev, ops and QA teams to collaborate, enabling you to adopt DevOps practices in your organization. And of course, these practices can speed deployments and improve software quality.
Puppet Enterprise capabilities
Puppet Enterprise gives you a full set of capabilities to manage infrastructure and applications across the entire software delivery pipeline.
- Automated provisioning – Automate provisioning across your heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Orchestration – Orchestrate change with control, visibility, and automated intelligence.
- Configuration automation – Define and continually enforce infrastructure configurations.
- Situational awareness – Gain insight into your infrastructure, audit changes and get rich reporting.
- Code management – Manage infrastructure code across environments.
- Node management – Save yourself the manual work of classifying and managing nodes.
- Role-based access control – Assign permissions to teams in line with company and regulatory policies.
- Discovery & insights – Quickly discover resources that need automated management.